615-242-4091, Ext. 105
The Equipment Exchange is generally open Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call for an appointment to make sure someone is available to meet you.
UCP provides durable medical and adaptive equipment to people throughout Tennessee, regardless of their diagnosis. UCP seeks new and gently used durable medical equipment to redistribute the donated items to individuals who have little or no insurance and no other resources to obtain the equipment they need to live their lives as independently as possible. If the item needed is not available, UCP provides an application to place individuals on a waiting list.
The traditional medical items consist of wheelchairs, scooters, grab bars, walkers, bath benches, toilet chairs, specialized strollers and car seats, bed rails, prone standers, gait trainers, etc.
Please consider donating any durable medicial equipment you may have that you are no longer using.
We do our best to match the needs of people with the availability of equipment. You are welcome to submit applications for as many pieces of equipment as you need. The more information you are able to provide about the equipment you need, the better we will be able to identify and match equipment for you. Please feel free to attach additional information to your request.
We want to make you aware of a few things regarding this program:
- The applicant (or the parent or guardian) is responsible for ensuring that the requested equipment is appropriate for the needs of the individual for whom it is requested. UCP does not provide assessment or fitting services. Involvement of your qualified physical therapist or other professional is recommended in selecting equipment.
- Equipment is available for individuals and non-profit/charitable organizations. Request for equipment from therapist/professionals should be for the specific persons of need. The Equipment Exchange Program is not intended to furnish equipment for healthcare businesses/professionals.
- UCP does not always have the requested equipment in our storeroom. When we are made aware of a need, we keep a record and provide equipment on a first-requested, first-served basis. In some cases we have equipment that is similar to the requested equipment, but is not exact. We will notify you when we have something we think might be an adequate substitute. If a physical therapist or other professional recommends your equipment, we may speak to them before distributing any substitutions.
- UCP cannot vouch for the condition of the equipment you receive. Most equipment we receive has been used. While we do our best to clean and make minor repairs, equipment is distributed and must be accepted on an “as is” basis. Any future repair or replacement of parts such as batteries, wheels etc. is the sole responsibility of the recipient and UCP will make no recommendations for such services.
- Since we have a waiting list for many items, please help us to serve our applicants fairly. We can only hold equipment for five (5) working days. After that we must make it available to the next person in need.
- UCP does not have vehicles to transport equipment. When we notify you that equipment is available, in most cases, you will need to make arrangements to pick up the equipment you have requested.
- We would deeply appreciate your consideration of UCP when you have equipment you are no longer using. An equipment exchange is most effective when everyone makes contributions as well as requests to the program.